Houma, LA, USA Req #206
Thursday, May 25, 2023
As one of the world's leading metal recyclers, EMR USA Metal Recycling (EMR) plays a pivotal role in the provision of sustainable materials across the globe. With a history spanning 70 years, the company has grown from a single UK-based business to a multi-national corporation. Our experience, vast capabilities and commitment to our environmental, social and governance (ESG) values, places us among the world's most respected and trusted recycling companies.
EMR recycles 10 million tons of material annually, made up of everything from beverage cans to oil platforms, which are recycled into more than 200 different types of new, sustainable raw materials.
EMR USA has an opening for a crane operator. In this role, the Crane operator will operate a hydraulic crane to move metal throughout the yard. To be successful, the Crane operator must be able to work independently to accomplish daily tasks.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Load and unload scrap metal materials, bales, bins, boxes, crates, etc. onto and from customer trailers, truck beds, bins, and other cargo as needed
- Transfer all necessary materials from one place to another; pick up falling material during transfer
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace; clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Adhere to, evaluate and maintain proper service logs and maintenance requirements
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Required Skills / Abilities
- OSHA/Safety certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Knowledge of scrap metal commodities helpful.
- Ability to perform all physical, mental and environmental job functions
- Ability to work in all elements such as rain, cold, and heat
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manages time, and multitasks
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
IV. Education & Experience
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Minimum 2+ years of consecutive crane operation experience
V. Other Job Demands
While performing the essential functions of this job, the Crane operator will be working in an outdoor environment. The employee may be near moving mechanical parts and will be exposed to all weather conditions. The noise level in the environment can be loud and will require ear protection. The employee is required to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. This job also requires frequent bending, kneeling, and standing, lifting up to 50 lbs., and working in confined spaces.
Additional Relevant Information
EMR USA Metal Recycling provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Houma, LA, USA