Automotive Locksmith (Willing to train candidate with IT background)
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
Under general direction of the US IT Director, the Automotive Locksmith is responsible for supporting needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making first keys and duplicate keys for foreign and domestic vehicles, including those with transponder systems and associated tools
- Duplicating, cloning and programming proximity and transponder keys in a mobile or in a shop setting.
- Removal and installation of vehicle locks including ignition, trunk and door locks.
- Start vehicles acquired from auctions, lacking physical keys, working off electric starters (starter ignition buttons).
REQUIRED SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Knowledge of remote and key fob programming and associated tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in automotive lock-smithing
- Familiarity with transponder key programming
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of professionalism and courteousness
- High School Diploma required
OTHER JOB DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an industrial environment at our locations in Camden, NJ. Working hours may vary and early morning, evening, or weekend work may be required. You may be required to lift and carry light weights. Travel requires the ability to drive and the use of a personal vehicle.
- Job Family US Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Camden, NJ, USA