Metal Recycling Scale Operator - Customer Service
EMR is one of the world’s leading metal recycling companies with a history spanning decades. At EMR, our employees are the heart and soul of our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace that prioritizes the well-being and safety of everyone. Our company provides a supportive and inclusive community where everyone's ideas and contributions are valued. We believe in teamwork and collaboration.
Our mission is to provide our customers with efficient and reliable metal recycling services while minimizing the environmental impact of our operations. EMR recycles ten million tons of material annually, everything from beverage cans to aircraft carriers. We work with a wide variety of metals including copper, aluminum, brass, and stainless steel and can recycle it into more than 200 different types of new sustainable raw materials.
EMR offers our team a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans with company match, wellbeing benefits, employee assistance program and more. Join us and be a part of a team that puts people first!
Purpose of the Role...
The Scale Operator is responsible for providing customer service to customers crossing the scale with incoming and outgoing scrap metal shipments. Duties include weighing loads using our automated system, communicating with yard personnel regarding loads, processing inspection tickets for proper inventory control, retrieving data from information systems, and processing payments over the scale. This career requires experience of providing a high level of customer service and excellent attention to detail.
What You’ll Do...
- Weigh incoming and outgoing loads using automated system
- Communicate with yard regarding incoming and outgoing loads
- Process inspection tickets for proper inventory control
- Retrieve data from information systems
- Maintain radiation detection system
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices
- Process over the scale payments
- Answer phone calls
- Other job duties as assigned
What Qualifications You'll Bring to the Team...
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of scrap metal commodities helpful
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing transportation and weight determination helpful
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Customer service skills
What Requirements You Will Need...
- High school diploma or GED-equivalent
- At least one year of customer service experience
Other Job Demands
Work is generally performed outdoors in all-weather elements such as hot, cold, rain, or snow and personal protective equipment is required. Working hours may vary and evening or weekend work may be required. You may be required to lift and carry lightweights.
- Job Family US Production
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA