Surveyor (Dimensional Control)
- Conduct layout surveys prior to equipment arriving on site for layout of the temporary equipment and the permanent equipment. Then continue to support the installation teams to final locate equipment then conduct post install location surveys for as built drawings all to the ensure compliance to the designed tolerances
- Ensure all surveying activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulation
- Provide dimensional control during the erection of equipment
- Provide input for progress reporting on surveying activities within the Erection Area
- Review any supplied setting out data to check design co-ordinates against the site grid system to ensure compatibility
- To provide quality checks on control set ups and point accuracy
- To report any issues, concerns, or observations to the MEH Alliance Surveying Lead
- Ensure all surveying activities are executed in line with relevant specifications
- Provide accurate centreline and level datum’sto enable accurate installation of mechanical equipment, pipe supports and piping systems
- Conduct surveys on pipe spools to provide as fabricated data including bolt hole rotations and flange deflections.
- Conduct as built surveys of installed equipment
- Undertaking periodic instrument calibration checks
- To attend any relevant site meetings with project stakeholders
- Surveying or Engineering qualifications or suitable experience
- Experience in the use of survey equipment (Total Station, digital level) and the production of survey reports.
- Conversant with all related legislation, codes, and standards.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Experience in MS Office - Excel, Word
- We are able to offer a competitive salary with generous uplift and allowances for working away from home where required.
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays
- Pension with leading provider and up to 8% employer contribution
- Private healthcare
- Personal development programme
- Flexible Benefits
Please apply with an up to date CV, detailing your salary/package expectations.
NG Bailey on the Hinkley Point C Project
We are working across both Hinkley Point C units to deliver the infrastructure that will power the station and its operations, creating 1,000 jobs including many specialist engineers. Works include the design and installation of circa 76,000 cables totalling over 3,000km in length; over 180km of cable containment support systems; fire and environmental sealing; design and installation of earthing systems, and specialist packages associated with data acquisition and plant control.
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgwater, UK